Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A look back.... Celebrating 8 great years!!



Wow this is opening night 8 years ago 11/21/07!! Man my kitchen looks pretty much the same. I still occasionally sport the braids. Have ditched the white chef coat(per request of my staff) & the hat (per request of my husband) and have moved on to a more suiting bandana and vintage apron!! A bit more me!
 A big thanks to my mother for scrapbooking this night cause back then I never took pictures, heck I didn't even text. (my kitchen kids had to teach me how to do that! lol)
As I look back this week as we are on the cusp of our celebration party (really it should be next weekend for the actual date but I hate competing with hunting) I think about all the wonderful people that have been here over the years, staff and customers, all the changes we have made, all the awesome food and service we have put out, and all the goodtimes. It has been a crazy 8 years!! The stories I have to tell.....
But really I thank each and every person that has ever worked at the cafĂ© and been part of its success!! Each person was a piece of the puzzle to the success of this restaurant! Whether big or small and good or bad. It all made it what it is today.
I have a crew now that I think is gonna help make 2016 be an amazing year!! Some are new, some have been here for years and some have come back and made a second run. Some just patronize and enjoy!! (like a few of the faces here below)


HaHa this picture brings back memories that I can laugh at now. Moments after this picture was taken the coat rack filled with coats broke free from the wall and a restaurant full of guest coats were laying in a heap on the floor. I was mortified. I walked out of the bar and into the kitchen, I had no clue how to deal with this on opening night. I believe my brothers and staff started hanging all the guests coats on the iron gate at the bottom of the stairs. My brothers came the next day and rehung the coat rack with anchors. Mind you the coat rack was existing I never did anything with it when we came into the space. My husbands response was apparently no other restaurant was ever that busy to have that many coats hanging on it!! This was an amazing response from my husband who is a glass half empty kinda guy. He surprises me sometimes. After 8 years of this old building and just the restaurant business in general I can handle just about anything I get thrown at me.
Customers you have made this journey happen. I don't know what else to say other than Thank You!
On the eve of this night I just hoped people would come through the door and continue to. I really was scared I wouldn't make it a year. It was a giant gamble. This business isn't easy. I was the new kid in town and now Im the oldest exsisting restaurant downtown. Sure don't want my time to be up. I fought kicking and screaming to keep this going and I'm gonna continue to bring you all creative fun food! I want to keep you all guessing what's up my sleeve and wanting you salivating for more!!Come Celebrate and Share Memories and Make More this Saturday Night!!!!!
Thank you to you all!!

2 comments:

  1. 8 Years is AMAZING You are AMAZING ! You go girl!
    Your staff is also AMAZING and has become family to all of us "regulars"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From new to oldest... kind of amazing how that happens! You'd done that by having quality people and quality ingredients........ Congratulations....!

    ReplyDelete