Saturday, November 7, 2015

Wow Factor!!

So I have been recently reading a book about customer service. It is actually about the Ritz Carlton. After Reading this book, it so much helped me to realize I needed to change some of the ways I handle and think about things with my customer service. Another restaurateur gave me the book. I'm so glad he gave me the book. I felt that even my employees could benefit from this. So I bought a bunch of copies and have asked them all to read it. I think there is only a small handful of them that have actually started to read it. But those that have are already having a new mindset!!
So last night I sit down and have a glass of wine with one of my servers. We are chatting about the evening. The goods and the bads. She didn't want to tell me the bad but we talked and tried to learn from it and she handled the situation as best she could. Then she told me she also had a "Wow" moment!! I said "Really"??!!
A "Wow" moment is a reference in the book. First off I was elated that she is reading the book, and then that she is really doing things from the book.
Ok so I'm sure you are wondering what is a "Wow" moment??
Well basically it is doing even the smallest thing to make a difference in a customers experience. Going that extra inch or mile, doesn't really matter how big or small. Just that little something extra to make a guests experience that much more special or memorable.
So I guess we had a couple in our bar for cocktails, people that have been here before. Last night they just had cocktails and had told the bartender that the wife wanted Mexican so they were heading down the street for dinner. Well they finished up and left. A little later while the bartender realized they forgot their credit card. The bartender told this server they forgot there card and said where they were headed. This server took it upon herself to grab the card tell the other servers to watch her tables and literally ran down the street to the other restaurant, find them and return there card. She didn't want them to have a nice evening out and then go to pay for their meal and not have their card to pay for dinner. They were so appreciative.
She truly did have a Wow Moment!
Funny thing I knew nothing of this as I was out talking to guests in the dining room and never even knew she was sprinting Main St!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment